Would you like a North Sails Expert to call you? Just leave us your number and a short message we will direct the inquiry to the right person to help. We promise to call as quickly as possible, but at some times we may be out sailing. Looking for a quote? Please use the request a quote tab above.
Find My Expert
Please search by name or location to find your local North Sails Expert.
Find My Loft
Find your local loft below.
Are you looking for something you can’t find on our web site? Do you need product information or help with a sail? Just send us a message and we will respond promptly.
Are you ready to buy? Would like to learn more about products and prices? Please fill in the forms below and we will have your local North Sails Expert create a custom sail proposal for you.
North Panel Cloth is the North Sails woven polyester product family. North Sails has a long tradition of making dacron sails since the fiber was first introduced as a sailcloth in the 1950’s. Today we control every aspect of the cloth manufacturing processes – using our experience to ensure the highest quality products for both cruising and racing applications. Our North Sails’ materials engineering team focuses on developing and producing sailcloth that will enhance your sailing experience while maximizing the value of your new sail purchase. High-quality weaving and finishing of the perfect combination of yards for the intended purpose, results in high performance with exceptional durability.
North Sails offers a wide variety of downwind symmetric and asymmetric sail types made from woven nylon or polyester sailcloth. Cruising and Club Racing sails are made from NorLon woven resin-impregnated RipStop Nylon for strength and durability. Higher performance racing sails feature Urethane coated RipStop Nylon and Polyester for zero porosity and light weight.
Maximum Downwind Performance
- Racing sails sized for rating or class rule optimization
- Cruising sails sized for ease of use and handling
- Wide Range of colors
- Custom Graphics available
NPC COASTAL sails are made from NorDac Fill™, which feature high-tenacity Polyester yarn woven in proprietary combinations. NorDac Fill styles have the densest possible fiber content and tightest weave, delivering excellent shape holding and superior resistance to flogging, chafe and UV damage.
Affordable Durable Performance
- Tightest possible weave allows less resin content
- Melamine impregnation enhances cloth stability
- NorDac Fill High Aspect (HA) styles are especially suited to taller, narrower sails
- NorDac Fill Low Aspect (LA) styles are designed for height/width ratios less than 2.5/1
Radian sailcloth uses a unique, patented process to combine low-stretch radial performance with the durability, soft handling and mildew resistance of non-laminated woven polyester. Radian delivers lower stretch and higher performance than any other non-laminated polyester sailcloth. Sailors can now enjoy low-stretch radial performance without films and glues.
- High tenacity Polyester in a patented yarn shape
- Full size warp and fill yarns deliver ultimate UV and chafe resistance
- Melamine impregnated finish protects surface
- Exclusive High Molecular Weight Urethane “Oly” coating for high performance one-design sails Closely monitored finishing processes including scouring, resin impregnation, heat setting, calendering, 100% inspection and grading